Monday, November 28, 2011

My Favorite Sandwich of the Year

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend this year.  We enjoyed fires in the fireplace, visiting with family, good food, a few laughs, a family tradition of bowling, hiking, some late night shopping and leftovers!    I do count leftovers as a blessing, especially when I can turn them into an amazing sandwich in the midst of decorating for Christmas.

Board of Ingredients:
  • Buns, Rolls or Bread
  • Leftover Turkey, Sliced
  • Cranberry Sauce
  • Dressing
  • Mayo and or Leftover Gravy


I am completely serious about this sandwich. 



Start with a layer of mayo.



Cranberry sauce goes on the other side.  If you had gravy you could add it right on top of the mayo.  It's good! 



Layer on some of that yummy turkey.



And I know this sounds weird, but add some dressing.  It's sort of like an extra layer of bread in your sandwich, but this layer has ton of great Thanksgiving flavors in it. 



Now, I am off to enjoy two things.  The sandwich I wait for all year and making sugar plum ornaments.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. A turkey sandwich could be a very healthy or unhealthy meal depending on what you eat it with. Cranberry juice would totally make for a healthy combination. :D

    Joseph Carr

    ReplyDelete